Helena Andersson, SWEDEN: “I had five great weeks in Riga! I lived in the family which I can really recommend it. It is a great way to practise speaking in real everyday life situations and you also get a feeling of having a home if you are staying for a long time. I will try to come back to study more as soon as possible”.
A Host-Family Stay is an ideal choice for students who wish to experience Russian daily life outside the classroom and practise the language in an informal atmosphere. Host families live within easy access of the school and city centre and are usually located either in Riga or Jurmala (seaside).
What does a typical Russian host family look like? In some cases this term does not mean a traditional married couple with children. When selecting host families, above all else we look for someone who is sociable, likes to meet new people and can give a warm welcome to any student staying with them. As a general rule our host families talk to our students during meals and are patient and understanding. As a result of the hospitality and attention received in this friendly family atmosphere we hope each student will be able to adapt more effectively to their new linguistic and cultural environment.
The school has approved all offered accommodation. Families and their living situations are personally known to specific staff members responsible at the school. The standard of the families is monitored by questionnaires given to students. Four options of living situations are available: a single or twin room, breakfast only or half board.
1. Standard Host family, single room with breakfast - 180 EUR, with HB - 240 EUR per week
2. Executive* Host family, single room with breakfast - 250 EUR, with HB - 310 EUR per week.
Fees include: accommodation services, arrival transfer (for course participants). Accommodation in host families is calculated from Sunday to Sunday.
* Priority for placement at Executive Host family is given to the students who choose Intensive or Individual (at least 20 lessons per week) courses.
* Executive Host Family - offers high-quality accommodation either within walking distance from the school or (at maximum) 50 minutes by public transport.
- Extra night with breakfast only - 38 EUR
- Executive host family extra night with breakfast - 50 EUR;
- Private bathroom and WC - 20 EUR per week (available both for Standard and Executive host families)