Giulia, ITALY: “This working experience at school challenged myself, valuating my skills in order to make them better and enrich my resume. I recommend DURBE RLA to those who want to live a working experience abroad ”.
Working abroad has become extremely popular in recent years not just because these exciting assignments represent the experience of a lifetime. Young people are increasingly looking for work abroad options for a number of very practical reasons, which go beyond the obvious fact that working abroad looks good on any CV.
Students choose Internships and Volunteering because they want to:
• do something meaningful in a gap year
• explore career options
• develop social competence skills
• acquire proficient language skills
• immerse in a different culture
Try study and work programs in Latvia! Our aim is to give students a unique insight into the Russian daily life of our times. Although the assignments we offer are all supervised by the school, the experience inside our host organizations will be very authentic.
For legal reasons, most work experience assignments in Latvia are unpaid. Students should also be aware that accommodation and insurances must be covered by themselves. Durbe Russian Language Academy offers several accommodation options, but work experience students are under no obligation to book their accommodation with the school. Work experience programs can last from two weeks to half a year, depending on the requirements of our host organizations.
Internship students need a sufficient level of Russian in order to qualify for one of the places on offer. The entry level (language competence on arrival) should be at least A2. We further require a minimum of four weeks in a standard group course (or three weeks one-to-one) prior to the start of the work assignment.
The school offers two kinds of internship programs:
• Internships: a temporary, supervised, practical experience program in which a young person, usually a college or university student, carries out a training experience in a temporary position at a hosting company.
• Volunteer programs: a temporary, supervised, practical training in which a person voluntarily carries out a task which has social, environmental or cultural relevance.
Usual requirements to start Internship/Volunteer program:
Minimum age: 18, however, some host organizations do require a higher age
Russian language level and usage: at least A2+, mostly B1
Placement fee: 250 EUR (should be paid together with course fees)
The school places interns in carefully selected host organizations.