PURPOSE OF THE POLICY
This policy is designed to ensure that personal information is handled safely and accurately in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). It will be applied to all information regardless of the method collected, used, recorded, stored and destroyed, and irrespective of it being a tangible hard-copy or uploaded electronically. All staff of RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE involved with the collection, processing, and disclosure of personal data will be aware of their duties and responsibilities and will adhere strictly to these guidelines:
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR STUDENTS
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE USES IT
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE will ask you to complete application forms, in addition to the entry and exit questionnaire that provides RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE with your personal information about services booked and received during your stay. RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE may use your personal contacts in the case of an emergency to contact you or one of your family members in cases of need. RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE holds and uses your information to help you study and learn the chosen language, to check and to report on your progress, and to ensure your well-being.
The information that RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE holds includes your:
- contact information
- class attendance
- special educational needs, and
- any important medical information
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE gives important medical and dietary information to your homestay and to other staff members involved in taking care of your well-being.
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE’S GENERAL PRINCIPLES
TERMS AND DEFINITIONS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
- “Personal data operator” is the company RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE, registration number: 5000205003, address: Raina boulv 31-6, Riga, LV-1050, Latvia.
- “Data subject” means any natural or legal person who has shared its personal data to the RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE and whose data is processed by the RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE in accordance with the general principles of personal data processing.
- “Personal data” – data about the data subject that the data subject sent / informed the RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE of personal data via a website www.russian-academy.com (online application form, cookies, news subscription or other service notifications through e-mail), e-mail or phone. These data include the name, surname, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, location data, gender and other data that allow you to identify a person.
RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE is mandated and required to store and process information about:
- current, past, and prospective students
- current and former staff
- homestay hosts and their families
- “Personal data processing” – any activity carried out with personal data, including collecting, registrating, organizing, storing, changing, accessing, viewing, using, transferring to the third party (for the commencement and provision of services and the fulfilment and enforcement of contractual obligations), deleting personal data or some of the above actions, regardless of how the activities are carried out or what means are used.
- “Third party” means any natural or legal person, with the exception of the data subject, the main operator, the authorized operator or the person processing personal data on behalf of the principal or authorized operator.
OBJECTIVES AND PRINCIPLES OF PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE processes personal data: for the general management of relations with clients (to ensure the provision of quality services), promotion (only with the written consent of clients to encourage industry development and offer new services to clients) and administration of services (in order to establish and maintain RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE’s internal processes and to ensure that documents are circulated to the necessary and sufficient extent).
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE can not transfer, lease or transfer personal data or transmit them in any other way to third parties (except where the transfer of data is a necessity to the fulfilment of mutual obligations).
- When processing personal data, RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE must comply with the principles stipulated in: Personal Data Protection Act, the General Regulation on Data Protection of the EU and Procedure for the organisation and operation of children’s camps (MK, No. 981).
CONSENT OF THE DATA SUBJECT
- Personal data is processed on the basis of the consent of the data subject indicated in accordance with Section 7 (1) of the Personal Data Protection Act and Article 6 (1) of the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
- The data subject voluntarily consents to: the collection, processing, commencement and provision of personal data to RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE, as well as the performance and enforcement of the obligations specified in the contract in accordance with these principles and the objectives of RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE. When completing and sending forms of a printed questionnaire or online application form, the data subject confirms his/her agreement to the collection and processing of personal data by RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE.
- Granting consent is a prerequisite for cooperation with the data subject, and unwillingness to give consent means that RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE can not fulfill the requested service of the data subject.
- The data subject may withdraw his/her consent at any time by notifying RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE of his/er personal data to the e-mail address email@example.com. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing of personal data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of consent.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND RESPONSIBILITY
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE ensures the protection of personal data by organizational, physical and IT security measures. RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE confirms that the processing of personal data is limited to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of processing personal data.
- If the data subject has agreed to the processing of personal data in connection with the requested service, the personal data is stored until the withdrawal of consent of the data subject.
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE permits access to personal data only to those employees who have the right to process personal data only to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes for which the processing of personal data is carried out.
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE is responsible for compliance with the requirements set forth in the Personal Data Protection Act, the General Provision on Data Protection of the EU and and Procedure for the organisation and operation of children’s camps (MK, No. 981) after its entry into force.
- RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE takes no responsibility for any unauthorised access to personal data and/or loss of personal data if it is independent from RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE, for example, due to the data subject’s fault and/or negligence.
PROTECTION OF THE RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
- The data subject has the right to access his personal data stored by RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE and to obtain additional information on the processing of his personal data.
- The data subject has the right at any time to object to the profiling of his/her personal data, informing RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE in writing, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by visiting the RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE’s office. Changes will not affect the legality of the processing of personal data before the data subject’s objections and/or refusal specified in this clause.
- If the data subject discovers that RUSSIAN LANGUAGE ACADEMY DURBE, processing personal data does not respect the rights of the data subject or if the data subject is requesting to delete his/her data, the data subject has the right to file a request to eliminate the violation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The data subject has the right to contact at any time the personal data supervising institution (Data State Inspection, www.dvi.gov.lv).